Gradient Mesh Project



For my gradient mesh project, we had to use the gradient mesh tool on any object we wanted. I decided to choose a coffee cup. I felt this object was a simple shape and could be easy to work with. I decided not to detail the background and table so that the main focus would be on the coffee cup. I used the eyedropper tool to help get accurate color for the table and the cup. The background I chose my own color that could complement the table and cup. 

I first put the photo in a letter size format and then sized it to fit correctly. I then locked the original photo in place so that it would not move while working on the other layers. I then created different layers of the coffee cup, the cup handle, and the different shadings on the cup. After creating my layers, I created a gradient mesh each part of the cup to help give it dimension. Overall, I found the gradient mesh tool difficult to use, but I was still able to create an object with depth. 

Comments

  1. Hey! I like the piece you've created here! I think you did a really good job on the cup and making it the primary focus. I think you have some really good color choices here and you also did a good job with the composition and the perspective of the piece. However, I think it could be beneficial to possibly skip the eyedropper tool and go off what you see. Instead of trying to look at it as a cup I've found it useful in the past to look at the object as something that you've never seen before so you more accurately represent the item. For example, there's a strong gradient on the front of your cup where the one in the original has a rather monotone appearance along the front of the cup. I really enjoy everything else about the project though! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts