Self Portrait

 For this assignment, we had to create a self-portrait using tools from Illustrator with a quote from something we are passionate about. I chose this picture of me because it is one of the pictures I felt the most confidence in and it reminded me of my own self-love. I then chose the quote "love yourself first and everything else falls in line" from Lucille Ball. This quote I feel represents self-love and is one of my favorite quotes. Sometimes we forget to put ourselves first and to love ourselves first. It is important to do so because, at the end of the day, you are always going to have your back. Also, it is a good reminder that feeling secure within yourself first will help everything else in your life "fall in line".

I used the line tool, curvature tool, shape tool, eyedropper tool, and text to help create my image. First, I used the rectangle tool to create my blue background and locked it into place. I then started from my arm and shirt and worked my way up to my hair. For creating my shapes, I alternated between the curvature tool and line tool and then used the eyedropper tool to grab the exact color for the different parts of the picture. After creating my portrait, I wrote out the quote and used bold letters to create a propaganda style but used softer colors as a contrast. The last part consisted of creating hearts using the curvature tool and placing them throughout the image. The colors I chose for the text and background were lighter colors to create a feeling of love and happiness, Overall, this was my favorite Illustrator project, I feel like it allowed me to get in touch with myself again while learning new things!

Hours worked: 4

Comments

  1. I think you did a great job! I think the portrait turned out really well, and it looks like the original photograph. The details you used in the shirt and face really made the portrait look more realistic. I also think the message you wrote is something everyone should try to do. I loved how you incorporated the hearts, and how the color of the words and hearts are in pink because it makes them stand out. One thing I think could be improved is adding more contour to the nose just to make it more distinct on the face. I would like to know more about what the hardest part of this project was for you. Great job!

    What was your favorite part about completing the poster?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate the compliments and feedback. I think the hardest part for me was detailing in the eyes. It required the most work because there were many small colors I needed to add. My favorite part was added the hair and creating the lines for it. I feel it is one of the more realistic parts of the picture.

      Delete
  2. I really like the message you chose to include in your poster, because it is so important to love yourself! I think your self portrait turned out identical to you and it shows that you actually put a lot of work into it. Although I can see the outline of the nose, and I know its a nose, I would suggest just making it slightly darker so you can decipher it and see exactly where it begins and ends. I would also add a couple eyelashes just to add some depth into your face. Other than that I think you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feedback:
    1. * I really liked the different colors you used.
    * I like how added hearts to your background.
    2. * Maybe add more details to your shirt
    * And adding a few more eye details
    3. Good job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts