Autoscopy


For this assignment, we had to alter an image of ourselves and incorporate something we never knew about ourselves. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, I have had much time to myself to help grow my relationship with God. I have increased my spiritual connection and have trusted Him to be part of my life. I chose this recent picture of me being baptized and altered it into a photo of sun rays hitting the water. I feel this alteration illustrates my growing relationship with God.

I used the direct selection tool to select the part of me from the original photo. I then used a mask to help crop the actual image of me and place it in the water. After resizing the photo of me, I changed the opacity and used a soft round brush to help blend part of me into the water. I added text to the song "Greater Things" to help get my message across. The line "I trust Your name for greater things" really spoke to me because it helps show that I have decided to trust God. Overall, this project was simple. After practicing using the Photoshop tools, it has become easier to complete the projects. Also, this project helped me learn things about myself that never really struck me before!

Hours worked 1.5

Comments

  1. Feedback:
    1. I liked reading your artist statement and I can relate to it.
    I like the lighting and mood that is set in the picture.
    2. Maybe more light coming from the clouds.
    Maybe it would be cool to have use water from the Jordan River, for more of a Biblical effect.
    3. Good job, I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah! I never thought about using the Jordan River to help add more of a Biblical effect. I will definitely take that into consideration!

      Delete
  2. I think you did a great job! The concept of it being about when you were baptized is really beautiful with the sun rays coming down. The words you put in the clouds bring everything together and help to convey your message. Something you could have added is maybe some more color or make it lighter. It is a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bailey! I do like the idea of adding more color because I can see how everything looks blended. I will try that out!

      Delete
  3. I love how this turned out. I like the background you used and your facial expression is perfect for the photoshop job. I think using the words you did was very clever and a nice touch. Why did you choose those specific words? Maybe you could have made your body slightly smaller because you look a little disproportionate to the scene itself but nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacoby! I chose that line specifically because I felt it connected with how I am continuing to grow my relationship with God and to trust him through anything and everything. I do agree with making my body smaller. I will definitely look into that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts