Logo Project


For the assignment, we had to create a logo that defined us. I chose two of my favorite things: sunflowers and music. I have loved music and have been a musician since I was young so I wanted to incorporate it into my logo. Sunflowers are my favorite flower and to me represent happiness, which is what I feel is how I feel generally. I decided to make a music note and then making the note heads the middle of the sunflower with the petals surrounding it. Music makes me happy as well as sunflowers so I feel this truly does represent me as a person.

To create the logo, I used the line pen tool to create the bars of the music note. Then, I used the curvature pen tool to create my petals and then copied the petals and rotated them to make each one different. The center of the flower/note head was created using the circle shape tool and then filled in with black. The first logo was created using colors of an actual sunflower. I used the eyedropper tool to pull the colors from a picture of a sunflower to create the first color combination. For the second logo, I used my two favorite colors: blue and green. Instead of just doing a solid color, I used the gradient tool to make it different from the first one. For the last one, I wanted to create something that was out of my comfort zone. I used a pinkish red, purple, and very little green, which are colors I do not normally wear or are completely appealing to me. I feel like this represents how I am willing to step out of my comfort zone and try something different. Overall, I felt this logo defines me and the color combinations used for each logo tells a little bit about me.

Comments

Popular Posts