Somewhere



For this assignment, we had to Photoshop ourselves in a movie or TV scene of our choice. I decided to pick a scene from Friends. Friends is one of my favorite TV shows and I thought it would be fun to incorporate myself into one of the scenes! I liked tapping into my creative side and getting dressed up to fit the part. I felt this scene could be easy to create because I had my sister's veil and had a white camisole and skirt to create the dress. Also, there was a spot open on the couch next to Monica where I could fit a picture of myself in it. 

To start off, I placed the original photo in Photoshop as the first layer. Then I place the photo of me on top of it. I then used the quick selection tool to cut out the photo of me and then masked it. I went in on the photo of me and erased any excess background that the quick selection tool didn't pick up. After cutting out the shape of me, I used the clone stamp tool to make the table longer since it is shorter in the original picture. After this, I fixed the shape of my foot to make it look like it was touching the table like the other girls. Using the quick selection tool, I selected myself again and then used an adjustment layer and selected color balance to help have my picture blend in with the original. Overall, I really enjoyed this project! This was my favorite Photoshop project we have done and I enjoyed putting myself in a TV scene and getting creative with it!

Hours worked: 2

Comments

  1. Feedback:
    1.I like how you paid attention the the details in the photo and choose not to wear any shoes/socks.
    I like the overall photo, because I am also a Friends fan!
    2. I read that you did change the lighting and hues of the photo you took, do you think you could've went a little more to make it blend a bit more?
    Maybe put Monica's arm over yours to look more cohesive.
    3. I really like your photo, I think it was fun and I like how creative you were about the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah! I tried messing around with the hues and saturation but it was hard to find an exact shade to match the rest of the picture. I am glad that you enjoyed the photo!

      Delete
  2. I appreciate the time you spent to wear a wedding dress and pay attention to the small details like no shoes, facial expressions and holding a drink! The only suggestion I have is that the original photo has more of a warm tone and you have a more cool tone, so maybe further playing with warmth and saturation would be helpful. Overall, great job this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Amanda! It was hard matching the exact shade for my photo with the original photo. I am happy that you like the final product!

      Delete
  3. Feedback:
    1. I like how you matched your outfit in advance, instead of photoshopping yourself into the same outfit beforehand
    Overall, I love how the photo turned out! It looks like you were actually in the scene.
    2. My suggestion would be to try and blend yourself in a little bit more! If you use the curves (under adjustments) and reset the shadows, mid-tones, and highlights to the friends picture and then use (on the image of you) the highlight dropper to select the brightest area (do the same thing for the mid-tones and shadows), it will adjust it easier!

    Overall, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Molly! I definitely appreciate the tips and feedback for blending myself into the photo better.

      Delete
  4. Darienne, this is great work your picture fits just right. I love that you went the extra mile to get the dress going and it really makes the final product work. My only suggestion would be to brighten the whites and maybe color correct out the purple tint. Great creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a really good job with the way you correctly dressed for this photo and did an even better job editing the lighting to complement the rest of the environment. The only advice I would give to tweak your image a little bit would be to blend your lighting just a little bit more to be whiter like the other three dresses in the picture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darienne this image had me laughing so much I love it!! I'm a huge fan of Friends and love the scene you chose and the preparation you took to get the photo right! I'm not sure if this would help, but maybe bringing up the exposure or brightness along with a touch of contrast, and giving a warmer tone on the highlights may help it to blend a bit more, but honestly I think you did an awesome job with this, I really dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked how you went all out on dressing and posing as if you were in the picture (the dress, slouched on the couch). In the future, try to mess around with your brightness, saturation, etc. to blend yourself in with the other women better. I think it shows that you really thought about this project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts