Calligram



You're Such a Dream to Me- Darienne Bartsh

For my calligram assignment, we had to pick a song or a poem and create an image using the words from the song/poem. I chose the song R.E.M. by Ariana Grande. I created the picture on my own and tried to interpret the meaning of the song into the picture. The song is about falling in love with someone that you see in your dreams and having vivid thoughts about them. I found it easy coming up with the image to represent the song. I looked up the lyrics and listened to the song to get my creativity flowing. As a result, my image is of a sleeping heart with a smile on its face up in the clouds during nighttime as if it is dreaming about someone they are in love with.

For the majority of my images, I used the curved pen tool. This helped me create the heart, clouds and the moon. I used the regular pen tool to create the "Z's" coming from the sleeping heart. I then used the shape tool to create the stars in the sky. When creating the color scheme for my picture, I wanted something that was bold but also illustrating a calm environment. I went with lighter colors for my images to create a dreamlike theme. For example, the stars, moon, heart and "Z's" were created with colors that were not too dark and did not blend in with the night sky background. This project took about 8 hours and was difficult at times. I mostly had frustration with the text path because at times it would not go in the direction I wanted it to so I had to constantly adjust sizing or delete words from the image. Overall though, I did enjoy using illustrator and I hope to use it in my future careers!

Comments

Popular Posts